Every year lakhs and lakhs of students wish to pursue their higher studies in the field of medicine. The registration for admissions to the MBBS or other equivalent courses has undoubtedly been increasing over the years. In India, the number of students registered for the entrance test is more than the seats available. The tuition fees in most Indian Private Institutes is higher than that of the medical universities abroad. Therefore, in order to get a better education at an affordable cost, most Indians opt to pursue their MBBS course abroad.
There are various reasons that Indian students choose Abroad for their MBBS Degree. Few of such reasons are:
Read more: 10 Reasons for studying MBBS
Six Things to Adhere to Before Opting for MBBS Abroad
1. Do your Research - Before you select a country or university for your MBBS career, make sure that you do your research thoroughly. Your decision today affects your future.
2. Select a country that suits you - Before you make your final decision get every detail you need to know about the country. Check if the country you choose can provide you with all the required facilities and that suits you in terms of achieving your goals. Ensure that the country you choose is safe and secure for international students.
3. Select a renowned medical University - When you choose a university to begin your career in medicine, make sure that the university provides the best education that is globally recognized and accepted. Ensure that the university is equipped with all the modern infrastructure for medical education. Especially, check if the university provides assistance in Medical Licensing Examination such as FMGE coaching if you are an Indian student.
4. Make a financial plan - This is one of the most important things. When it comes to studying MBBS Abroad, having a proper financial plan for education and accommodation can help you from uncertain financial problems. Though many universities provide scholarships for education, not all can avail them. However, students can get monetary help from various banks and financial institutes before they begin their studies abroad.
5. Choose the right accommodation - After choosing your university, the next big thing is to choose the place you can comfortably stay. Choosing the right accommodation has a great impact on the student’s life. Most medical universities abroad provide the best accommodation to the students. Some universities provide on-campus accommodation which is near to the university. This allows the students to spend more time in their academic activities.
6. Know the common language - While selecting the University for your MBBS career, ensure that the curriculum is in the English Language. Hence, you will not find any difficulty in understanding the course. However, it is always a good practice to learn the local language as it will help you in communicating and interacting with the patients during your clinical rotations and outside as well.
Studying MBBS Abroad is one of the best options for Indian students who wish to become doctors. However, to pursue higher studies abroad, there should be a valid reason such as financial concern, job stability, availability of seats, etc. Though studying abroad may sound cool, you must consider various things more seriously before choosing to study MBBS Abroad.
If you wish to study abroad at the Top Government Medical Universities, you can reach out to Education Abroad via our student helpline number 1800-123-125050 or visit our website https://www.theeducationabroad.com/contact. We will provide you the required guidance from the Admission process until you graduate from the medical university abroad.