The National Testing Agency (NTA), an institution responsible for conducting competitive examinations like NEET-UG submitted the Status Report to the Education Ministry regarding the conduct of NEET-UG 2021 in the month of June.
Earlier this week, the newly appointed Education Minister, Mr. Dharmendra Pradhan announced the NEET-UG 2021 examination date. The examination is to be held on September 12, 2021, Sunday.
Online registration for the NEET-UG 2021 began on the evening of July 13, 2021, and the last date to submit the application form will be on August 6, 2021. This decision was taken following a meeting with the senior ministry and the National Testing Agency (NTA) officials.
How to apply for NEET-UG 2021?
To apply for NEET-UG 2021, students must ensure they are eligible for the said exam.
Eligibility Criteria for NEET-UG 2021
- The candidate must attain 17 years of age at the time of admission or should be born on or before December 31, 2004.
- The upper age limit for NEET-UG is 25 years as on the date of examination.
Tentative dates for NEET-UG 2021
|Online Submission of Application Form through Website (https://neet.nta.nic.in/ )||13 July 2021 to 6 August 2021(upto 11:50 PM)|
|Last date of successful transaction of fee through Credit/Debit Card/NetBanking/UPI / Paytm Wallet||7 August 2021(upto 11:50 PM)|
|Correction in Particulars of Application Form on the website only||8 August 2021 to 12 August 2021|
|Announcement of the City of Examination||20 August 2021|
|Downloading of Admit Cards from NTA website||To be released 03 days before the Examination|
|Date of Examination||12 September 2021 (Sunday)|
Registration for NEET-UG 2021
For registration, candidates have to follow the given steps:
Step 1: Visit the NTA official website. Register using your Parents/Guardians or your own email ID or Mobile number.
Step 2: Fill in the online Application Form.
Step 3: Upload all the required scanned documents
- latest passport size photograph(jpg file size 10kb to 200 kb)
- Postcard size photograph (4″x6″) (jpg file size: 10 kb to 200 kb)
- signature (jpg file size: 4kb to 30 kb)
- left-hand thumb impression (jpg file size:10 kb to 200 kb) (in case of any eventuality of left thumb being unavailable, right-hand thumb impression may be used).
- Class X certificate (pdf file size: 50kb to 300 kb)
- Category certificate(SC/ST/OBC/EWS/ etc.) and PwBD Certificate (pdf file size: 50 kb to 300 kb)
- ID Proof (Voter ID/Aadhar Card/Passport/Driving License) (pdf file size: 50 kb to 300 kb) or any citizenship certificate.
Step 4: Pay for the registration fee using SBI/Canara Bank/HDFC/PayTM payment gateway through Debit Card/Credit Card/Net-banking/UPI/Wallet and keep proof of fee paid safely for future reference.
Submit the Application form, download and print the form for future reference.
Registration Fee for NEET-UG 2021
Registration fee defers according to the category of the candidates residing in India. For Indian Citizens residing Abroad, the fee is the same for all categories.
|Category of Candidates||In India||Outside India|
Important points for NEET Aspirants
Application for NEET-UG 2021 is through “Online” mode only.
Candidates must remember that only one application can be submitted by a single candidate. To ensure all instructions are followed, candidates must carefully go through the NTA notification regarding NEET application. Ensure that the email address and phone number provided at the time of application are correct and active.