At least 11 students from 11 states of our nation have gone to the Supreme Court on 6th August 2020. All of them are seeking postponement of NEET 2020 examinations. All of these students want to defer these entrance examinations even beyond September.
Students have opposed NEET 2020 and other entrance exams in September as they are worried about their health due to the coronavirus pandemic. In recent weeks, the India Wide Parents’ Association (IWPA) has written a letter requesting the postponement of these entrance examinations which are going to be held in September. Now, this Parents’ Association is planning to go to the Supreme Court of the nation in the hope to get some positive response from the government. The chief of IWPA is Anubha Srivastava Sahai. JEE 2020 will be held from September 1-6th and NEET 2020 will be held on September 13th. Before these entrance examinations were scheduled to be held in July this year.
Advocate Alakh Alok Srivastava has filed the petition on the outlook of holding these entrance examinations only after the nation has established normalcy from the COVID 19 pandemic. This coronavirus pandemic has also demanded an increase in the examination centers to provide at least one exam center in every district of India. This petition is also seeking new opportunities for JEE and NEET students to submit their application form and also chose their choice of exam centers.
Few of the reasons for the postponement of NEET 2020 and other competitive exams
- These entrance examinations will be participated by 25 lakh + students along with their parents and even if only one parent accompanies them to the exam centers even then on the day of the examination there will be more than 25 lakh of people out on the same time. This will not give a lot of scope of following the social distancing norms from all of them.
- Transportation facilities will also be a problem for the students and it will take a lot of time for the students to reach their exam centers as it is on hold and the functioning is less in the entire nation.
- The exam center is very less as compared to this situation. Even the social distancing ought to be followed inside the centers and this situation can be very tricky when it comes to these major entrance examinations.
- Difficulty in the examination – There comes a question that how will be the thumb scanner, crowded computer rooms, and also the face verification seat be used by so many students with the social distancing norms.
- There is even more convincing evidence of the virus being airborne now and conducting an exam of such a magnitude will only result in a disaster.
Everyone in the nation is trying their best for the welfare of the students. This situation will surely be handled in a great and best way, Till then Stay home and stay safe!