Post-Examination Activities- Information Bulletin of NEET (UG) 2019!!!
As the Information Bulletin of NEET 2019 (Page no. 44 & 45) clearly states that before declaring the exam results, certain processes need to be followed.
Lakhs of students were relieved from the stress after the NEET 2019. As it’s a known fact that NEET exam is now mandatory for admission into medical courses across the globe or MBBS in Abroad at various Top Medical Universities of popular medical destinations in abroad; students are still in tension about their exam results, but in respect to the same, many other post-examination activities are already queued by NTA.
This year NEET was conducted on 5th May 2019 at different examination centres by the National Testing Agency (NTA) for the first time and unfortunately; the exam for Odisha students was postponed due to Cyclone Fani and re-scheduled on 20th May; also for Karnataka & West Bengal due to trail delay & examination paper in Hindi were not issued.
Now, after completion of all the exams, NTA is all set to apply its set of Post-Examination Activities of NEET 2019. These activities will be very beneficial for you if you really wish to study MBBS in Abroad. Dividing the activities into four segments, here is the fixed process for the same-
1. Display of OMR sheets & responses on the website:
- NTA will display the images of OMR Answer Sheets & Responses on its website. For the exact schedule, candidates should constantly check the website of NEET.
- Students will get a chance for submitting representation against the OMR grading on non-refundable payment of processing fee of 1000/- per response challenged
- Then these representations will be verified by the NTA from the actual record and if the challenges found correct, then the same will be updated accordingly. However, no notification in regard to this will be issued.
2. Display of Answer Key for Challenge:
- Then after the above process, NTA will release the answer key of questions, giving a chance again to the students for challenging the answer key (in case of dilemma or confusion).
- Once again, candidates will be given an opportunity to make an online challenge against the Answer Key on payment of non-refundable processing fee of Rs.1000/- per answer challenged.
- Challenges claimed by the candidates will be verified by NTA with the help of subject experts and if they found apt, then the answer key will be revised accordingly.
- On the basis of the new revised answer key version, the results will be prepared & declared.
- Note- No candidate will be notified about the acceptance/non-acceptance of his/her challenge.
- The Revised version of Answer Key after the challenge will be considered as final.
3. Declaration of Results:
- After conducting and evaluating the NEET 2019 exam papers, the result will be hosted on NTA NEET website-https://ntaneet.nic.in/Ntaneet/Welcome.aspx. NTA will develop the merit list as per the directives of DGHS, MCI and DCI.
- Students will be able to download the results, as soon as it gets declared on the website.
4. Re-checking/Re-evaluation of answer sheets
- The Answer sheets will be evaluated with extreme care and will be repeatedly evaluated.
- There is no such provision for re-evaluation of the answer sheets, due to the following reasons:
- Candidates are getting the opportunity to create a representation on OMR gradation of their OMR sheets and also to challenge it, in case of any query/dilemma.
- The OMRs are machine gradable which is unbiased towards all.
So, candidates must get ready for their post-examination activities and of course, you need not worry about your options after NEET (MBBS in Abroad/Medicine in Abroad)!!
Contact us at 1800-123-125050 for more updates.