Georgia is a beautiful country located at the crossroads of Western Asia and Eastern Europe. The country shares its borders with the Black Sea in the East, Russia, Turkey, Armenia and Azerbaijan. The country is known for its amusing culture, religions, beautiful landscapes and ancient history. The official Language of the country is Georgian, which is considered as one of the oldest languages in the world. The capitals city of Georgia is Tbilisi which is situated on the banks of River Mtkvari. The capital city is spread over an area of 726 Sq. Km with the population of around 1,345,000.
MBBS in Georgia
The medical universities of Georgia follow international curriculum for the MBBS program. The quality of infrastructure and technology used in the medical universities in Georgia is comparable to those used in the universities in USA and UK. The education in Georgian medical universities is not just confined to classrooms and lectures, rather the students are required to take part in various seminars, projects and practical experiments. This helps them in learning in a better way and provides more exposure to professional world. The medium of instruction in Georgian Medical universities is English and Russian. The students are provided with the best facilities in the campus. The students have can choose the language for their studies. However, they have to furnish the language proficiency of whatever medium of instruction they choose.
Why Study MBBS in Georgia?
At present, Georgia is one of the top destinations among international students who are willing to pursue MBBS or other medical courses abroad. There are a number of many top medical universities in Georgia that offer various medical programs including MBBS and MD at a very reasonable cost. The medical universities of Georgia are recognized by the World Health Organization (WHO), UNESCO, FAIMER and MCI.
The MBBS graduates from a Georgian medical university are working in reputed companies, universities and research labs all over the world. The students who complete their MBBS from a Georgian university are eligible to work in any art of the world after clearing the national exam conducted by the Medical Council of the particular country. The cost of living in Georgia is quite affordable as compared to many countries in Europe.
Admission Procedure for MBBS in Georgia
The process of admission in MBBS in the medical universities of Georgia is very simple. The applicant must have passed his/her secondary studies with four major subjects: biology, chemistry, physics and mathematics. The student should be proficient in English language. Interested candidates need to take an entrance exam, depending on their interest in USMLE or PLAB.
Most of the Georgian universities follow the European Union Credit Transfer System, for grading system. The documents required for application in MBBS in Georgia are:
1. A transcript from the previous educational institutions.
2. Official GMAT or GRE test scores, which are sent directly from ETS.
3. A copy of your permanent residential card
4. Passport size photos
5. Photocopy of class 12 certificates with apostle
6. Living certificates of last 2 years with apostle
7. Medical certificates
Top Medical Universities in Georgia
Here are some of the best medical universities of Georgia:
1. Geomedi Medical University
2. Tbilisi Medical Academy
3. Batumi Shota Rustaveli State University
4. Caucasus International University
Advantages of studying MBBS in Georgia
Pursuing MBBS from a medical university in Georgia offers a number of advantages for students:
1. The cost of living in Georgia is very low as compared to other European nations.
2. The curriculum of MBBS program in Georgian medical colleges is designed as per the international standards.
3. The medical students in Georgia are provided with practical knowledge along with the theoretical studies.
4. The quality of education in Georgian Medical Universities is very good.
5. The medical universities of Georgia are accredited by WHO, UNESCO and FAIMER.
6. The environment provided in the medical colleges in Georgia is very safe and healthy.
7. The tuition fee of MBBS in Georgia is very affordable for international students.