Zhengzhou University was founded on July 10, 2000 by a fusion of three former universities:
Zhengzhou University is the first complete university established by the State Council of Chinese Government in 1956. Huanghe University was annexed in 1992. It was admitted into Project 211 in 1996.
Zhengzhou University of Technology as a national key university under the direct administration of the Ministry of Chemical Industry of China, it was founded in 1963.
Zhengzhou University now has four grounds covering 1070 sections of land area crosswise over Zhengzhou City. The fundamental grounds covers 799 sections of land of arrive on Science Avenue and Changchun Road in North-West area of Zhengzhou City. It is a standout amongst the most excellent grounds in China. It cost more than two billion Yuan to fabricate this campus.Majority of schools and resources situate on primary grounds.
The east grounds is the grounds of past Henan Medical University in the downtown area between Zhongyuan Road and Jianshe Road.The clinical phase of medicinal instruction is hung on this grounds.
The south grounds is the grounds of past Zhengzhou University in the downtown area territory of Daxue Road.
The north grounds is the grounds of past Zhengzhou University of Technology in the downtown area of Wenhua Road.