Crimean Federal University also known as V.I. Vernadsky Crimean Federal University is one of the favored choices among the Indian students studying MBBS in Russia. It is situated in Crimea State. The university is listed by World Directory Of Medical Schools (WDOMS), Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG), Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research (FAIMER), World Federation for Medical Education (WFME), erstwhile Medical Council of India (MCI)/ National Medical Commission (NMC), etc.
Established in 1918, the University has been conferred ‘AA’ Rank by International Education Society. The university features in providing the modern technologies in the teaching- learning process. At present, the university comprises 23 academic and non-academic units and 12 branches located across Crimea, including 10 academies and institutes, 7 colleges, 11 branches, and 11 research and science institutions and centers.
Overview of Crimea Federal University
Year of Establishment
NMC, FAIMER, ECFMG, WDOMS, MCC, and WFME
Duration of MBBS Course
6 years (including one year of internship)
1. Minimum 17 years of age in the admission year
2. Passing NEET score
3. Minimum 50% aggregate marks in PCB subjects in class 12th.
Medium of teaching
Average tuition fees
Faculties at Crimea Federal University
- Faculty of Medicine
- International Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Faculty of Medicine, Physical Culture and Sports
- Faculty of Higher Education and Additional Professional Education
Why Study MBBS at Crimea Federal University?
Crimea Federal University is one of the popular choices among Indian students opting to study MBBS in Russia. For the Indian students choosing to study MBBS abroad, the university is the preferred choice for various reasons such as:
- Highly equipped infrastructure
- Budget-friendly MBBS fees
- Smooth online admission process
- Best-quality medical education for international students.
- Highly-qualified medical faculty and staff
- Fully furnished hostel accommodation
- Amazing clinical exposure is provided to international students.
- No entrance exam is required for admission.
- High-quality medical education
- Advanced infrastructure
- Innovative technology and well-equipped laboratories
- Comfortable hostel facilities equipped with basic amenities
- Advanced classrooms
- English is a medium of teaching
- MBBS degree of worldwide recognition
Crimea Federal University MBBS Fee Structure 2023-24
6500 US Dollars
Included in tuition fees
2nd – 6th Year
4,000 US Dollars (per year)
Total Fee in US Dollars
28,700 US Dollars (Full Course)
Total Fee in Indian Rupees
23,39,001 Indian Rupees (Full Course)
Eligibility Criteria For MBBS in Russia
The eligibility criteria for MBBS admission at Crimea Federal University in Russia is given below:
- At least 50% aggregate score in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in Class 12th.
- At least 17 years of age as on 31 December in the admission year.
- Qualifying NEET score. (50th percentile for general/EWS category and 40th percentile for unreserved category)
MBBS Admission Process of Crimea Federal University
The process of MBBS admission to Crimea Federal University for the academic session 2023-24 is as follows:
Step 1: Fill up the application form of Crimea Federal University.
Step 2: Submit the required documents for admission in MBBS in Russia.
Step 3: Receive admission/acceptance letter from the university.
Step 4: Apply for a student visa with submission of passport and other documents.
Step 5: If applying for an education loan, clear all the dues.
Step 6: Make arrangements for your travel to Russia for your medical studies.
Step 7: Board your flights to Russia.
Documents Required For Admission
- Duly filled-in Admission form
- Scanned copy of Class 12th Pass Certificate/Mark sheet
- Scanned copy of Class 10th Pass Certificate
- NEET Result/Admit Card.
- Scanned copy of Passport (first and last page)
- ID Proof (Adhar, PAN, Driving License, etc.) if Passport is not ready at the time of application.
- Medical report with HIV report at the time of Visa stamping
The team of Education Abroad facilitates for other documents such as admission letters from the university, converted currencies, etc
Duration of MBBS Course At Crimea Federal University
- Crimea Federal University offers a 6-year MBBS course to its students in English medium.
- The duration of the MBBS course includes one year of internship at top hospitals and clinics of Russia.
- The entire MBBS course at Crimea Federal University combines the best of theoretical knowledge and practical experience.
Student Life at Crimea Federal University
- Crimea Federal University is known to have a world-class educational background full of opportunities and ideas.
- Hostels of the university are fully furnished and centrally heated or air-conditioned.
- Proper bedding arrangements are available in every hostel room.
- Separate hostel arrangements are there for girls and boys.
- The university provides a spectacular and colorful experience for the students.
- Active participation at various national and international clubs
- Students can pursue numerous extracurricular activities; various sport events, multicultural and multinational events.
- Many students’ groups function within the university such as student union, international student’s union, student’s union by country represented, sports, etc.
Crimea: City At A Glance
- The distance between Moscow & Crimea is that of 1,732.1 km which can be covered via 21.5 hr drive.
- To reach the Crimean peninsula, there are 6 airport in the region- Simferopol International Airport, Kerch’ Tsentr, Airfield “Zavodske”, Odessa International Airport, Kherson International Airport, Anapa International Airport.
- Crimea is located between the temperate and subtropical climate belts and is characterized by warm and sunny weather.
- It is characterized by diversity and the presence of microclimates.
- The northern parts of Crimea have a moderate continental climate with short but cold winters and moderately hot dry summers.
- The city is known for Sevastopol, Foros, Balaklava, Yalta , Ai-Petri, Alupka, Livadia Palace, Massandra, etc.