The Humboldt University of Berlin (HU Berlin) was established in 1810 and is considered as one of the most prestigious and top universities in entire Europe. The university is well known for its medicine, arts and humanities fields.
The University of Berlin was the initial name of the university. In the year 1949, Wilhelm von Humboldt and his brother Alexander von Humboldt re-established the university and named it as Humboldt University of Berlin.
The Humboldt University of Berlin is acknowledged as one of Europe’s most eminent institutions for higher education. Wilhelm von Humboldt initiated a theory for universities that has a combination of teaching and research. This theory is today being accepted and followed by various higher education institutions across the globe.
The degree presented by the university to all its medical students is recognized by various medical council bodies including MCI.
- Faculty of Medicine (MBBS)
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Life Sciences
- Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences
The university offers accommodation to all the international students. All hostel rooms are well furnished and have all the basic amenities such as TV, AC, and internet connectivity. The mess of the university offers Indian food along with other cuisines. For security purposes, all hostel rooms are under surveillance of the police.
The university believes in the holistic development of all students and therefore, throughout the session, the university conducts various cultural events and programs.
For keeping students physically fit and active, the university offers various sports such as basketball, football, gymnasium, etc.
Interesting facts about the city- Berlin
- Berlin is the capital of Germany and is considered as the largest city in Germany in terms of population and area.
- In the 13th century, the city of Berlin was considered as the capital of the Margraviate of Brandenburg (1417–1701), the Kingdom of Prussia (1701–1918), the German Empire (1871–1918), the Weimar Republic (1919–1933), and the Third Reich (1933–1945).
- According to nominal GDP data, Berlin has the 4th largest economy in the world. Many reputed German companies were established in Berlin including Knorr-Bremse, Allianz, Deutsche Bank, Osram, AEG, Siemens, Telefunken, Lufthansa, and Edeka.
- The city of Berlin experiences a moderately continental climate with cold winters and moderately hot summers.
- The city has a well-accomplished transportation system that provides diverse modes of urban mobility. Berlin is well-connected with all major cities of Germany along with many other cities of neighboring European countries with a long distance rail line.
- From large pretzels galore ad schnitzel to giant steins of beer, the city is popular for its food. Some of the best delicacies offered by Berlin City are: Currywurst: Curry & Chili, Döner Kebab: Mustafa's Gemüse Kabab, Bockwurst: Curry 36, Senfeier: Kantine, etc.
- The city is popular for its cultural flair and is home to the world-famous Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra and the Berlin Opera.
- The city has several tourist attractions; some of them include The Brandenburg Gate, The Rebuilt Reichstag, Museum Island, The Berlin Wall Memorial and Checkpoint Charlie, etc.