Established in 1758, the I.M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University, commonly referred as Sechenov University, is the first and the oldest medical school in Russia tracing its history from the medical faculty of Moscow Imperial University.
The university stands among the best choices for the Indian students for MBBS in Russia. Some of the major recognitions of the university includes, listing in World Directory of Medical Schools (WDOMS), Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG), Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research (FAIMER), World Federation for Medical Education (WFME), erstwhile Medical Council of India (MCI)/ National Medical Commission (NMC), etc.
At present, the university hosts 3,500 international students among the 19,000 undergraduate students from 83 countries, enrolled in 200+ educational programs, 10+ study areas, practicing in 15 research institutes of Biomedical science and technological parks, studying in 7 faculties and mentored by 2,147 faculty members.
Overview of I.M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University
Year of Establishment
NMC, FAIMER, ECFMG, WDOMS, MCC, and WFME
Duration of MBBS Course
6 years (including one year of internship)
1. Minimum 17 years of age in the admission year
2. Passing NEET score
3. Minimum 50% aggregate marks in PCB subjects in class 12th.
Medium of teaching
Average tuition fees
Faculties at I.M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University
- General Medicine
- Public Health
- Preventive Medicine
- Preparatory Studies
Why Study MBBS at Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University?
Sechenov University is one of the most popular choices for MBBS in Russia. For the Indian students choosing to study MBBS abroad, the university is the preferred choice for various reasons such as:
- High-quality medical education
- Highly-qualified medical faculty
- NMC-recognized university
- Highly equipped infrastructure
- 15 Research Institutes
- Smart laboratories & advanced classrooms
- Healthy student-teacher ratio
- No donation/capitation fee for admission
- Easy admission procedure
- Comfortable hostel accommodation
- Resourceful libraries
- Access to global research practices, symposiums, etc
I.M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University MBBS Fee Structure 2023-24
13,800 US Dollars
1,200 US Dollars
2nd – 6th Year
12,800 US Dollars (per year)
Total Fee in US Dollars
61,600 US Dollars (Full Course)
Total Fee in Indian Rupees
50,13,473 Indian Rupees (Full Course)
Eligibility Criteria For MBBS in Russia
The eligibility criteria for MBBS admission at Sechenov State Medical University in Russia is given below:
- At least 50% aggregate score in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in Class 12th.
- At least 17 years of age as on 31 December in the admission year.
- Qualifying NEET score. (50th percentile for general/EWS category and 40th percentile for unreserved category)
MBBS Admission Process of I.M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University
The process of MBBS admission to I.M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University for the academic session 2023-24 is as follows:
Step 1: Fill up the application form of I.M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University.
Step 2: Submit the required documents for admission in MBBS in Russia.
Step 3: Receive admission/acceptance letter from the university.
Step 4: Apply for a student visa with submission of passport and other documents.
Step 5: If applying for an education loan, clear all the dues.
Step 6: Make arrangements for your travel to Russia for your medical studies.
Step 7: Board your flights to Russia.
Documents Required For Admission
- Duly filled-in Admission form
- Scanned copy of Class 12th Pass Certificate/Mark sheet
- Scanned copy of Class 10th Pass Certificate
- NEET Result/Admit Card.
- Scanned copy of Passport (first and last page)
- ID Proof (Adhar, PAN, Driving License, etc.) if Passport is not ready at the time of application.
- Medical report with HIV report at the time of Visa stamping
The team of Education Abroad facilitates for other documents such as admission letters from the university, converted currencies, etc
Duration of MBBS Course At I.M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University
- I.M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University offers a 6-year MBBS course to its students in English medium.
- The entire duration of this MBBS course includes one year of internship at top hospitals and clinics of Russia.
- The entire MBBS course at I.M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University combines theoretical and practical knowledge of different areas of medical study.
Student Life at I.M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University
- Students experience a multicultural life at I.M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University due to the presence of national and international students.
- The university has sports facilities for the students.
- Hostel rooms are available on a single and sharing basis.
- Cultural programs are organized for the students for special and festive occasions.
- The University has its own Sport Center called Burevestnik at the disposal of students and staff members of the University.
- The university observes a good student and teacher ratio.
- 24/7 safety and security of students within the university campus and hostels.
- The student scientific societies in each faculty allows students to participate in the seminars, conferences, and youth forums on national and international levels.
Moscow: City At A Glance
- Moscow is the capital and most heavily populated city in Russia, as well as being the largest city on the European continent.
- The city is renowned for the Red Square, the Kremlin and St. Basil’s cathedral, etc
- Moscow is regularly named one of the most expensive cities in the world
- Via, flight, the city can be reached by 4 airports. There are four airports in Moscow — Sheremetyevo, Domodedovo, Vnukovo and Zhukovsky.
- Moscow’s Russian State Library was founded in 1862, is the biggest in Europe and second biggest in the World
- Old Arbat (Stary Arbat), Izmailovsky Market, etc are the popular sites for shopping enthusiasts
- Moscow has a humid continental climate with warm, sometimes hot, summers and long, cold winters.
- Moscow has a comprehensive system of public transit including the famous Moscow Metro, an extensive network of surface transit (buses, trolleybuses and trams) and private taxis. A bike-share system is available from mid-spring to mid-autumn.