Karaganda State Medical University is one of the renowned medical universities to study MBBS in Kazakhstan. KSMU was established in 1950. According to the National Accreditation Center ratings, KSMU has secured 8th position out of the top 60 universities.
KSMU is believed to be the first medical university in the Republic of Kazakhstan. The university provides multilevel training to all the students of undergraduate and postgraduate programs. The university provides training in both the English and Russian languages to all its students. Currently, the university has more than 8000 students who are pursuing MBBS.
Worldwide, the university is known for having highly qualified and experienced faculties. The faculty of the university comprises of 20 academicians and associate members of National Academy of Science, Academy of Military Science, Academy of Medical Science, National Academy of Natural Science of RK, International Academy of Information system Development, Russian Academy of Natural History, Eurasian International Academy of Science, 76 doctors of science, 3 Ph.D., 304 candidates of science and 121 specialist with the degree of master.
Karaganda State Medical University shares a healthy relationship with various universities and research centers of many countries. The university has a powerful scientific base where various medical research are being conducted. The university has collaborated with various medical associations including the Association of medical education in Europe (AMEE), Great Britain, and the World Federation of medical education.
- Faculty of General Medicine (MBBS)
- Faculty of Gynecology
- Faculty of Stomatology
- Faculty of Anatomy
- Faculty of Internal Diseases
- Faculty of Histology
- Faculty of Ophthalmology
- Faculty of Clinical Department
- Faculty of Neurology
- Faculty of Oncology
- Faculty of Physiology and many more
The university provides affordable and comfortable accommodations for all its international students. The rooms are provided on a sharing basis of 3-5 students with all the basic amenities in it.
The kitchen is available on every floor of the hostel for students who want to cook for themselves.
The environment is friendly and multicultural. Various cultural events are being conducted at the university. Students from various countries are encouraged to participate actively in every cultural program. The campus has many activity complexes like activity centers, cafés, a canteen, a gym, a sports complex, etc.
Interesting facts about the City- Karaganda
- The city of Karaganda is the capital of the Karaganda Region in the Republic of Kazakhstan. It is considered as the fourth most populous city in Kazakhstan.
- The city is the home of Kazakh World War II hero- Nurken Abdirov. In his honor, the center of the city has a statue of him.
- The city has a humid continental climate with extremely cold winters and warm summers.
- Coal mining and cotton fabric garments are the main economic sectors present in the city.
- The city has a well-connected and well-planned transportation system.
- Lenin statue, Nurken Abdirov, Karaganda Ecological Museum is some of the major attractions for tourists.
Fee Structure of MBBS for Academic Year 2023-2024
|University||1st Tuition Fee||2nd To 6th Year Tuition Fee (Every Year)||Hostel Fee (Every Year)|
|Karaganda State Medical University||6800 $||5600 $||600 $|