Khulna City Medical College is one of the most popular and well-established private medical colleges to study MBBS in Bangladesh for Indian students. The college laid its foundation in 2016 in the capital city of Dhaka and is affiliated with Rajshahi University. Khulna City Medical College has a 15 storied teaching hospital with 250 beds providing the best medical career to the patients.
Khulna City Medical College has been a center of great attraction for medical aspirants from worldwide. The college has been engaged in educating its medical students in modern medical sciences in numerous specializations, including intensive patient care and knowledge about operation theaters. As far as the comfort and safety of the students are concerned, the medical college has comfortable and secure hostel buildings with access to all the basic amenities.
Overview of MBBS At Khulna City Medical College
Bangladesh Medical & Dental Council (BMDC) and National Medical Commission (NMC)
Medium of Teaching
MBBS Course Duration
6 years (with internship)
Requirement of IELTS/TOEFL
No. of Indian students (currently enrolled)
Why Study MBBS At Khulna City Medical College?
Khulna City Medical College in Bangladesh has been a popular destination to study MBBS in Bangladesh for a long time due to the following reasons:
- The medical college is located in the heart of the city, Dhaka.
- Highly affordable tuition fees for Indian students.
- No donations or entrance exam.
- Highly-qualified teaching staff consisting of renowned doctors.
- Hands-on practical training to students by professors.
- College facilities include best-in-class critical units and diagnostic centers such as ultrasound, CT scans, and pathology labs.
- Separate wing for hostel students hostels with amazing interiors and exteriors.
- Separate hostel facilities for boys and girls.
- Advanced classrooms using audio-visual methods to teach students better.
- Social, cultural, literary and humanitarian activities are promoted at the medical college.
- Resourceful library to promote academic interests of students.
- Indian food is served in mess facilities.
- The English MBBS course is taught at the medical college to international students.
- There are more than 25 departments in the General Medicine faculty at the college.
Khulna City Medical College Fees Structure 2023-24
Time of payment
For seat booking: $ 3,000
During the admission: $ 9,000
The installments will have to be paid two times a year (half-yearly).
Khulna City Medical College Syllabus
Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry
First professional MBBS
Community Medicine and Forensic Medicine
Second professional MBBS
Pharmacology & Therapeutics, Pathology, and Microbiology
Third professional MBBS
Medicine & Allied subjects , Surgery & Allied subjects, and Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Fourth professional MBBS
Khulna City Medical College Eligibility Criteria
Any student aspiring to take MBBS admission in Khulna City Medical College must satisfy the following conditions as stated by the National Medical Commission:
- Age requirement: A student must be aged between 17-25 years in the admission year.
- Academic requirement: A student must have at least 60% aggregate marks in PCB subjects in 12th standard.
- NEET requirement: A student should have a qualifying NEET score and a valid NEET scorecard.
Here is the admission procedure for MBBS at Khulna City Medical College:
- FIll and submit the application form of the medical college with the necessary documents.
- Receive the admission letter from the college.
- Submit the application for the student visa along with the original passport and other documents.
- Make payment of the first-year tuition fee. In case you want to avail an education loan, Education Abroad can help you.
- Prepare for your travel to Bangladesh.
- Board your flights to Bangladesh.
Documents Required For Admission
- 10th mark sheet and certificate
- 11th mark sheet
- 12th mark sheet and certificate
- Original passport
- Police clearance certificate
- Affidavit (sponsorship)
- Bank statement (six months)
- University admission letter
- University fee confirmation letter
- Equivalence certificate (from university)
- University admission form
- Visa application form
- 12 Photographs on matt paper
- Equivalence TT copy
- University fee TT copy
- Demand draft in favor of Bangladesh High Commission
Documents such as the admission letter from the university, converted currencies, etc., will be facilitated by the team of Education Abroad.
Student Life At Khulna City Medical College
- The academic building situated right next to the hospital, is a four-story building housing administrative and academic sections.
- The college has classrooms, galleries, a library, and an audio-visual unit.
- The hostels have access to all basic amenities such as a kitchen, bathroom, beds, chairs, tables, wardrobes, running water, internet access, and so on.
- There is a large campus library with the best medical books and journals.
- The presence of students from various nationalities at the medical college ensures a culturally diverse environment.
Khulna: City at a Glance
- Khulna, Bangladesh’s third largest city, has a rich historical past.
- Khulna has a tropical savanna climate with annual rainfall between May and October.
- The city has a well-connected transportation network that allows for easy travel throughout the city.
- The cost of living in Khulna is significantly lower than in other Indian cities.
- The government and their respective colleges take great care of the students’ safety and security.
- The Bengali language is spoken by 98% of Bangladeshis.
- It takes 20 minutes to travel from Kolkata to Dhaka.