Lincoln American University, School of Medicine, is one of the most common preferences for Indian students seeking to study MD/MBBS in Americas. Established in 2016, the university is one of the top universities of Guyana and a suitable option to study MBBS abroad for Indian students. The university has achieved a reputable name in a short span of the time.
The university has been listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools (WDOMS), certified by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG), Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research (FAIMER), empanelled by erstwhile Medical Council of India (MCI) and recognized by National Accreditation Council (NAC), Guyana.
The 5 year MD/MBBS program at LAU offers a pragmatic learning approach balancing the theoretical and practical skills. The duration also includes the mandatory clinical rotation, where the students can get to learn from the professionals at the leading hospitals of Guyana, Nepal, India, etc.
The university also organises and participates in various health outreach programs which helps the students in practising the acquired knowledge. The university offers a comfortable arrangement of accommodations, Indian mess facilities, etc for the Indian students. Moreover, the university frequently arranges the various co-curricular activities.
Studying MBBS at Lincoln American University also encourages holistic development among the students by providing a multicultural, diverse and constructive learning environment.
Overview of Lincoln American University
Year of Establishment
MCI/NMC, FAIMER, ECFMG, WDOMS
Duration of MBBS Course
1. Minimum 17 years of age in the admission year
2. Passing NEET score
3. Minimum 50% aggregate marks in PCB subjects in class 12th.
January, May & September
Medium of teaching
Average tuition fees
INR 30 Lakhs
Why Study MBBS at Lincoln American University?
- Recognised and reputed medical degree
- Follows the best practices of US based curriculum
- English medium of education
- Global exposures
- Well-equipped infrastructure facilities
- Healthy pupil-teacher ratio of 3:2
- Smart classrooms, laboratories and libraries
- Clinical training at several reputed hospitals of Carribean, the USA, Nepal, etc
- Affordable fee structure
- Safe & secure environment for international students
- Competent and well trained faculty members
- Focused personal & professional skill development
- Direct admission process
- No language proficiency exams such as IELTS, TOEFL, MCAT required
- Colorful Learning Environment
Lincoln American University MBBS Fee Structure 2023-24
Air Ticket will be charge as per Rate Applicable
Food Expenses: 100 USD (Approx) Per Month
Accommodation Charges: 200 USD (Approx) Per Month
Lincoln American University: Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for MBBS admission at this medical school in the Americas is given below:
- Minimum 50% aggregate score in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in 12th standard.
- Minimum 17 years of age as on 31 December in the admission year.
- Passing NEET score. (50th percentile for general/EWS category and 40th percentile for unreserved category)
MBBS Admission Process of Lincoln American University
The process of MBBS admission to Lincoln American University for the academic session is as follows:
Step 1: Fill up the application form of Lincoln American University
Step 2: Submit the required documents at the time of application
Step 3: Receive admission/acceptance letter from the university.
Step 4: Apply for a student visa with submission of passport and other documents.
Step 5: If applying for an education loan, clear all the dues.
Step 6: Make arrangements for your travel for MBBS in Guyana.
Step 7: Board your flights to Guyana
Documents Required For Admission
- Duly filled-in Admission form
- Scanned copy of Class 12th Pass Certificate/Mark sheet
- Scanned copy of Class 10th Pass Certificate
- NEET Result/Admit Card.
- Scanned copy of Passport (first and last page)
- ID Proof (Adhar, PAN, Driving License, etc.) if Passport is not ready at the time of application.
- Medical report with HIV report at the time of Visa stamping
Other documents such as admission letters from the university, converted currencies, etc are facilitated by the team of Education Abroad.
Duration of MBBS Course At Lincoln American University
The duration of MBBS at Lincoln American University is five years including the mandatory clinical rotation. The students have the opportunity to complete their clinical rotations at the best hospitals of the Caribbean, the USA, Nepal, etc.
Student Life at Lincoln American University
Student life at Lincoln American University, School of Medicine, is full of an enthusiastic learning environment. The university ensures the experience is interesting by organizing various events frequently.
- The students are provided with comfortable hostels with proper security.
- The university also has Indian mess facilities serving hygienic and authentic cuisines.
- The university arranges celebrations of various Indian festivals such as Holi, Diwali, Independence day, etc which encourages the students to participate actively in them.
- Various cultural activities are often organised to provide the students with the opportunities to pursue their interests.
- The university also organises the various excursions to promote the learning outside the classrooms.
- Various student clubs at the university promote the active participation of the students at various events.
Georgetown, Guyana: Country At A Glance
- Georgetown is the capital and largest city of Guyana.
- Guyana is the only South American nation where English is the first official language.
- The region enjoys a wet tropical climate with warm temperatures and abundant rainfall without the extremes of hot or cold.
- Guyana has limited public bus service that is frequent and affordable. Taxis are the most common form of transportation across the country.
- It is a beautiful place to live with a vibrant & friendly culture.