Founded in 1906, Pirogov Russian National Research Medical University (formerly known as Russian State Medical University or RSMU) is a popular choice among the Indian students studying MBBS in Russia. The university is accredited and recognized by Russia’s Ministry of Education and Science and is currently under the authority of the Ministry of Health and Social Development. The university is also listed by World Directory Of Medical Schools (WDOMS), Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG), Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research (FAIMER), World Federation for Medical Education (WFME), erstwhile Medical Council of India (MCI)/ National Medical Commission (NMC), etc.
Overview of Pirogov Russian National Research Medical University
Year of Establishment
NMC, FAIMER, ECFMG, WDOMS, MCC, and WFME
Duration of MBBS Course
6 years (including one year of internship)
1. Minimum 17 years of age in the admission year
2. Passing NEET score
3. Minimum 50% aggregate marks in PCB subjects in class 12th.
Medium of teaching
Average tuition fees
INR 40,44,386 /-
Faculties at Pirogov Russian National Research Medical University
- Faculty of General Medicine
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Faculty of Pediatrics
- Faculty of Biomedicine
- Faculty of Psychological-Social Faculty
Why Study MBBS at Pirogov Russian National Research Medical University?
Pirogov Russian National Research Medical University is one of the popular choices among Indian students opting to study MBBS in Russia. For the Indian students choosing to study MBBS abroad, the university is the preferred choice for various reasons such as:
- Highly equipped infrastructure
- Smooth online admission process
- Best-quality medical education for international students.
- Highly-qualified medical faculty and staff
- Fully furnished hostel accommodation
- No entrance exam is required for admission.
- High-quality medical education
- Advanced infrastructure
- Innovative technology and well-equipped laboratories
- Comfortable hostel facilities equipped with basic amenities
- Advanced classrooms
Pirogov Russian National Research Medical University MBBS Fee Structure 2023-24
7700 US Dollars
Included in tuition fees
2nd – 6th Year
7700 US Dollars
Total Fee in US Dollars
49, 600 US Dollars (Full Course)
(including 150 USD Medical Fees per year)
Total Fee in Indian Rupees
40,44,386 Indian Rupees (Full Course)
Eligibility Criteria For MBBS in Russia
The eligibility criteria for MBBS admission at Pirogov Russian National Research Medical University in Russia is given below:
- At least 50% aggregate score in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in Class 12th.
- At least 17 years of age as on 31 December in the admission year.
- Qualifying NEET score. (50th percentile for general/EWS category and 40th percentile for unreserved category)
MBBS Admission Process of Pirogov Russian National Research Medical University
The process of MBBS admission to Pirogov Russian National Research Medical University for the academic session 2023-24 is as follows:
Step 1: Fill up the application form of Pirogov Russian National Research Medical University .
Step 2: Submit the required documents for admission in MBBS in Russia.
Step 3: Receive admission/acceptance letter from the university.
Step 4: Apply for a student visa with submission of passport and other documents.
Step 5: If applying for an education loan, clear all the dues.
Step 6: Make arrangements for your travel to Russia for your medical studies.
Step 7: Board your flights to Russia.
Documents Required For Admission
- Duly filled-in Admission form
- Scanned copy of Class 12th Pass Certificate/Mark sheet
- Scanned copy of Class 10th Pass Certificate
- NEET Result/Admit Card.
- Scanned copy of Passport (first and last page)
- ID Proof (Adhar, PAN, Driving License, etc.) if Passport is not ready at the time of application.
- Medical report with HIV report at the time of Visa stamping
The team of Education Abroad facilitates for other documents such as admission letters from the university, converted currencies, etc
Duration of MBBS Course At Pirogov Russian National Research Medical University
- Pirogov Russian National Research Medical University offers a 6-year MBBS course to its students in English medium.
- The duration of the MBBS course includes one year of internship at top hospitals and clinics of Russia.
- The entire MBBS course at Pirogov Russian National Research Medical University Combines the best of theoretical knowledge and practical experience.
Student Life at Pirogov Russian National Research Medical University
- Pirogov Russian National Research Medical University is known to have a world-class educational background full of opportunities and ideas.
- Hostels of the university are fully furnished and centrally heated or air-conditioned.
- Proper bedding arrangements are available in every hostel room.
- Separate hostel arrangements are there for girls and boys.
- The university provides a spectacular and colorful experience for the students.
- Active participation at various national and international clubs
- Students can pursue numerous extracurricular activities; various sport events, multicultural and multinational events.
Moscow: City At A Glance
- Moscow is the capital and most heavily populated city in Russia, as well as being the largest city on the European continent.
- The city is renowned for the Red Square, the Kremlin and St. Basil’s cathedral, etc
- Moscow is regularly named one of the most expensive cities in the world
- Via, flight, the city can be reached by 4 airports. There are four airports in Moscow — Sheremetyevo, Domodedovo, Vnukovo and Zhukovsky.
- Moscow’s Russian State Library was founded in 1862, is the biggest in Europe and second biggest in the World
- Old Arbat (Stary Arbat), Izmailovsky Market, etc are the popular sites for shopping enthusiasts
- Moscow has a humid continental climate with warm, sometimes hot, summers and long, cold winters.
- Moscow has a comprehensive system of public transit including the famous Moscow Metro, an extensive network of surface transit (buses, trolleybuses and trams) and private taxis. A bike-share system is available from mid-spring to mid-autumn.