Popular Medical College is one of the best medical colleges in Bangladesh. It was established in 2010 and has been an outstanding college in preparing the students for their MBBS in Bangladesh. Though the college is fairly new among the Medical colleges in Bangladesh, it is now the only state-of-the-art total healthcare provider of the country in the private sector.
Popular Medical College offers MBBS in Bangladesh for Indian students in English Medium. The college is highly recognized and approved by several medical councils of the world. It is affiliated with the University of Dhaka and approved by the Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council (BMDC).
Located at the prime location of Dhaka City, Popular Medical College has been attracting many Indian students to study MBBS in Bangladesh. The college is fully equipped with all the facilities required to educate students to become doctors. It has advanced classrooms, equipped with laboratories and or a museum, a library and other state-of-the-art infrastructure that allow students to boost their education while studying MBBS in Bangladesh. The cost of MBBS in Bangladesh for Indian students is comparatively low as that of any medical institution in India.
Overview of MBBS At Popular Medical College
Bangladesh Medical & Dental Council (BMDC) and National Medical Commission (NMC)
Medium of Teaching
MBBS Course Duration
6 years (with internship)
Requirement of IELTS/TOEFL
Why Study MBBS at Popular Medical College?
Popular Medical College is one of the best private Medical Colleges in Bangladesh. It has become one of the preferred destinations to study MBBS in Bangladesh for Indian students. Here are a few of those reasons:
- No donations or entrance tests required.
- Affordable tuition fees for Indian students.
- The MBBS Degree at the Popular Medical College in Bangladesh is globally recognized by various medical councils.
- The English MBBS course is taught at Popular Medical College.
- The MBBS program at Popular Medical College is designed as per the University of Dhaka.
- The college is well equipped with all the modern facilities to facilitate students.
- Advanced classrooms, modern facilities such as laboratories, and other medical facilities including Ultrasound, CT Scans, Pathology labs, Pharmacology labs, etc.
- The college equipped all departments with their individual laboratories and museums.
- Provides education to the students through Hands-on clinical training as well.
- The college has highly skilled staff and renowned doctors to provide the best education to the students.
- Separate hostels are available for boys and girls.
- Full-fledged library with various collections of books and other materials for the academic interest of the students.
- Social, cultural, and humanitarian activities are promoted at the college.
- The college provides Indian food at the hostel mess.
MBBS at Popular Medical College Fees Structure 2023-24
Popular Medical College provides MBBS in Bangladesh for Indian students. Here is the MBBS in Bangladesh fee structure for Indian Students:
Time of payment
At the time of admission
Popular Medical College Syllabus
Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry.
First professional MBBS
Community Medicine, Forensic Medicine, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Clinical postings, OPDs
Second professional MBBS
Community medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology), Obstetrics and Gynecology, Pediatrics, Surgery, and allied subjects, Clinical postings
Third professional MBBS
Eligibility Criteria for Admissions to Popular Medical College
Aspiring students who seek MBBS admission in Bangladesh at Popular Medical College must fulfill the following criteria as stated by the National Medical Commission:
- Age requirement: A student must be aged between 17-25 years in the admission year.
- Academic requirement: A student must have at least 60% aggregate marks in PCB subjects in 12th standard.
- NEET requirement: A student should have a qualifying NEET score and a valid NEET scorecard.
MBBS Admission Process at Popular Medical College
Below is the admission procedure for MBBS at Popular Medical College for Indian students:
Step 1: Fill out and submit the application form of the medical college along with the necessary documents.
Step 2: Receive the admission letter from the college.
Step 3: Submit the application for the student visa along with the original passport and other required documents.
Step 4: Make payment of the first-year tuition fee. In case you want to avail an education loan, Education Abroad can help you.
Step 5: Prepare for your travel to Bangladesh.
Step 6: Board your flights to Bangladesh.
Documents Required For Admission
- 10th mark sheet and certificate
- 11th mark sheet
- 12th mark sheet and certificate
- Original passport
- Police clearance certificate
- Affidavit (sponsorship)
- Bank statement (six months)
- University admission letter
- University fee confirmation letter
- Equivalence certificate (from university)
- University admission form
- Visa application form
- 12 Photographs on matt paper
- Equivalence TT copy
- University fee TT copy
- Demand draft in favor of Bangladesh High Commission
Documents such as the admission letter from the university, converted currencies, etc., will be facilitated by the team of Education Abroad.
Student Life At Popular Medical College
- Popular Medical College is one of the prominent medical colleges offering MBBS in Bangladesh.
- The college provides the best accommodation, separately to boys and girls, with access to all the basic amenities.
- Popular Medical College currently has the largest cafeteria premise serving hygienic food items at an affordable rate.
- The college provides facilities such as transport, canteen, stationery shops, and libraries with internet access.
- The college ensures a multicultural environment for the security and comfort of students from various nationalities.
- Popular Medical College supports and provides services to Foreign students from different parts of the globe.
- While studying MBBS in Bangladesh, the college also promotes and conducts annual sports and cultural events to enhance the mindset and physical performance of the students.
- Sports, cultural programs, and recreational activities are all arranged at the college campus.
- The college has a full-fledged library with rich collections of books related to the academic interest of the students and staff.
Dhaka- City at a Glance
- Dhaka, formerly known as Dacca, is the capital and largest city of Bangladesh.
- It is the sixth largest and seventh most densely populated city in the world.
- Dhaka is known as the largest Bengali speaking city in the world.
- It is a center of national government, trade, and culture.
- The city has a distinct monsoon climate, with wet and dry seasons.
- Dhaka has the largest number of schools, colleges, and universities of any Bangladeshi city.
- Baridhara Park, Gulshan Lake Park, and other beautiful places to visit.