Rangpur Medical College
is one of the renowned government medical colleges offering MBBS in Bangladesh. The college was founded during the period of East Pakistan in the year 1970. In the year 1969, Munaim Khan- the Governor General of the then East Pakistan laid the foundation of the college. The college is situated in the Rangpur District under the new Rangpur Division.
The first batch of the college was started with 50 students. Apart from the MBBS course, the college offers various postgraduate courses such as DCH, DFM, MS in Gynae & Obs, Ms in General Surgery, MD in Paediatrics and MD in Internal Medicine. Every year the colleges reserve 10 seats especially for international students coming from South-Asian countries including India, Pakistan, Nepal, Maldives, and Bhutan.
The college has various hospitals affiliated with it where the students can get real-life experiences during their internship programs.
The college is recognized by various medical council bodies including MCI, General Medical Council of the United Kingdom, etc. and is enlisted with WDOMS (World Directory of Medical Schools).
Students graduated from Rangpur Medical College are being recognized all across the globe and are working in various parts of the world.
- Department of Internal Medicine
- Department of Cardiology
- Department of Gynea & Obstetrics
- Department of Otolaryngology (ENT)
- Department of Anesthesiology
- Department of Neuromedicine
- Department of Dermatology & Venereology
- Department of Dentistry
- Department of General Surgery
- Department of Clinical Pathology
- Department of Neurosurgery
- Department of Physical Medicine
- Department of Orthopedics & Traumatology
- Department of Transfusion Medicine
- Department of Radiology & Imaging
- Department of Radiotherapy
- Department of Psychiatry
- Department of Ophthalmology
- Department of Endocrine & Metabolic diseases
- Department of Pediatrics
- Department of Gastroenterology
- Department of Neonatology
- Department of Respiratory Medicine
- Department of Paediatric Nephrology
- Department of Paediatric Surgery
- Department of Urology
- Department of Hematology Medicine
- Department of Hepatology Medicine
The college offers comfortable accommodation for all its international students. The college total has 5 hostels out of which 3 are for male students and 2 for female students.
The rooms are provided on a sharing basis of 2-3 students. The rooms are well furnished and have all the basic amenities required for living comfortably. The hostel offers a central heating system with Wi-Fi connectivity and 24 hours water supply in all rooms.
There is a kitchen on every floor giving students the option of self-cooking.
To ensure the safety and security of students, the hostel campus is under CCTV surveillance and in wardens’ supervision.
The college encourages students to participate in various cultural activities and events so that students can interact with other students and develops a strong and healthy friendship.
Keeping students physical fitness in mind, there is a sports complex where students can go and enjoy various sports including football, basketball, etc.
Interesting facts about the city- Rangpur
- The city of Rangpur is among the major cities of Bangladesh and Rangpur Division. On 16th December 1769, the city was declared as the district headquarters.
- In the year 1575, the city was conquered by the army of Raja Man Singh, a commander of the Mughal emperor- Akbar.
- The city usually experiences monsoons with heavy rainfall and high temperature and humidity.
- Due to its global positioning, the city is considered as the most important economic zones in Bangladesh.
- Auto rickshaws, cycle rickshaws, buses, mini-buses, and taxis are the main transport systems used by the majority of people in the city for daily travelling purpose.
- The city has various Chinese and Indian restaurants with various local food stores.
- Chikli Binodon Park, Begum Rokeya University, Carmichael College and Tajhat Palace are some of the major attractions of the city.