Spartan Health Sciences University, School of Medicine (SHSU) is one of the leading Medical Universities of Saint Lucia, Caribbean Island. It was officially established in 1980, with an initiative of providing quality medical education (MD) in the Caribbean Islands to the international students coming from various countries.
The Government of St Lucia has chartered and licensed the University. It is also accredited by the Monitoring Committee appointed by the Government of St. Lucia to oversee Spartan’s standards.
In addition, the University is also approved and accredited by the Medical Council of India (MCI), FAIMER and Medical Council of Canada.
The University offers a safe space to its students, in order to study with a relax mind and to establish their medical career with a healthy environment. The university makes sure that students are provided with every necessity for a good educational experience.
Qualified and skilled faculty of the University guides & encourage students to grow their skills in order to groom professionally. SHSU is a unique world of a diverse culture full of different communities, students from various countries and good ethics.
- General Medicine (MD)
- Behavioral Sciences
University provides a comfortable living place for all its international students. The apartments are well-furnished & equipped with all the basic amenities that are required for a comfortable living.
Indian food is also available for the Indian students so that they can feel like home. There are multiple sources for delivering Indian food to the students like Indian Mess, Indian Chefs or Indian raw food availability in the kitchen for self-cooking.
Various security measures are always taken care of, at every place (on-campus/ off-campus) to keep the environment safe.
The apartments are situated near the university, thus making it easy for the students to travel conveniently.
Spartan Health Sciences University is an ideal choice for studying MD in the Caribbean.
The campuses provide advanced education and technology which includes- library, anatomy labs, simulation lab, BLS training centre, and clinical skills lab.
The management of the University also organizes many extracurricular activities to give a break the monotonicity for the students in between their academic careers.
The faculty members of the University pay more attention to the holistic growth of students while coordinating with them.
The University focuses on the comprehensive grooming of the students so that they can become a great medical practitioner.
Interesting fact about the city- Vieux Fort
- Vieux Fort is a town situated near the southernmost tip of Saint Lucia, Caribbean Island. The town is named after a famous fort in Saint Lucia.
- During the 18th & 19th centuries, the town was a major centre of the sugar industry in Saint Lucia.
- Tourism and Agriculture are the main sources of income of Vieux Fort, Saint Lucia. Vieux Fort is also a significant industrial area.
- Vieux-Fort has a tropical climate. The town experiences a notable rainfall in most months with a short dry season.
- Major Tourists attraction of Moule a Chique, Vieux Fort Bay, Anse Des Sables Beach, Vieux Fort Lighthouse, etc.
- The transportation system of Vieux Fort includes sea-ferries, taxi and public transportation like buses.
- Famous cuisines of Vieux Fort are green figs, saltfish, breadfruit and saltfish.
- Famous restaurants in Vieux Fort are Indian Chef Restaurant, The Orbit Restaurant & Bar, Lushe Restaurant and Bar, L’nuit Restaurant Lounge and Bar, etc.