Syktyvkar State University was established in 1972 for training medical personnel in the European North of Russia. At present it is one of the favored choices among the Indian students studying MBBS in Russia. It is listed by World Directory Of Medical Schools (WDOMS), Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG), Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research (FAIMER), World Federation for Medical Education (WFME), erstwhile Medical Council of India (MCI)/ National Medical Commission (NMC), etc.
The campus is well equipped with up-to-date equipment such as computers, exclusive documentaries, video aids, and other modern appliances. Training at the modern pre-clinical center presented by a plenty of state-of-the-art medical mannequins and equipment is a part and part of the educational program. Well equipped clinical base allows training highly qualified specialists of different profiles according to modern requirements of the health care systems.
Overview of Syktyvkar State University
Year of Establishment
NMC, FAIMER, ECFMG, WDOMS, MCC, and WFME
Duration of MBBS Course
6 years (including one year of internship)
1. Minimum 17 years of age in the admission year
2. Passing NEET score
3. Minimum 50% aggregate marks in PCB subjects in class 12th.
Medium of teaching
Average tuition fees
Faculties at Syktyvkar State University
- General Medicine
- Clinical Psychology
- Social Work
- Adaptive Physical Training
Why Study MBBS at Syktyvkar State University?
Syktyvkar State University is one of the popular choices among Indian students opting to study MBBS in Russia. For the Indian students choosing to study MBBS abroad, the university is the preferred choice for various reasons such as:
- Highly equipped infrastructure
- Budget-friendly MBBS fees
- Smooth online admission process
- Best-quality medical education for international students.
- Highly-qualified medical faculty and staff
- Fully furnished hostel accommodation
- Amazing clinical exposure is provided to international students.
- No entrance exam is required for admission.
- High-quality medical education
- Advanced infrastructure
- Innovative technology and well-equipped laboratories
- Comfortable hostel facilities equipped with basic amenities
- Advanced classrooms
- English is a medium of teaching
- MBBS degree of worldwide recognition
Syktyvkar State University MBBS Fee Structure 2023-24
5000 US Dollars
Included in tuition fees
2nd – 6th Year
3000 US Dollars
Total Fee in US Dollars
21,200 US Dollars (Full Course)
Total Fee in Indian Rupees
17,27,807 Indian Rupees (Full Course)
Eligibility Criteria For MBBS in Russia
The eligibility criteria for MBBS admission at Syktyvkar State University in Russia is given below:
- At least 50% aggregate score in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in Class 12th.
- At least 17 years of age as on 31 December in the admission year.
- Qualifying NEET score. (50th percentile for general/EWS category and 40th percentile for unreserved category)
MBBS Admission Process of Syktyvkar State University
The process of MBBS admission to Syktyvkar State University for the academic session 2023-24 is as follows:
Step 1: Fill up the application form of Syktyvkar State University.
Step 2: Submit the required documents for admission in MBBS in Russia.
Step 3: Receive admission/acceptance letter from the university.
Step 4: Apply for a student visa with submission of passport and other documents.
Step 5: If applying for an education loan, clear all the dues.
Step 6: Make arrangements for your travel to Russia for your medical studies.
Step 7: Board your flights to Russia.
Documents Required For Admission
- Duly filled-in Admission form
- Scanned copy of Class 12th Pass Certificate/Mark sheet
- Scanned copy of Class 10th Pass Certificate
- NEET Result/Admit Card.
- Scanned copy of Passport (first and last page)
- ID Proof (Adhar, PAN, Driving License, etc.) if Passport is not ready at the time of application.
- Medical report with HIV report at the time of Visa stamping
The team of Education Abroad facilitates for other documents such as admission letters from the university, converted currencies, etc
Duration of MBBS Course At Syktyvkar State University
- Syktyvkar State University offers a 6-year MBBS course to its students in English medium.
- The duration of the MBBS course includes one year of internship at top hospitals and clinics of Russia.
- The entire MBBS course at Syktyvkar State University Combines the best of theoretical knowledge and practical experience.
Student Life at Syktyvkar State University
- Syktyvkar State University is known to have a world-class educational background full of opportunities and ideas.
- Hostels of the university are fully furnished and centrally heated or air-conditioned.
- Proper bedding arrangements are available in every hostel room.
- Separate hostel arrangements are there for girls and boys.
- The university provides a spectacular and colorful experience for the students.
- Active participation at various national and international clubs
- Students can pursue numerous extracurricular activities; various sport events, multicultural and multinational events.
- Many students’ groups function within the university such as student union, international student’s union, student’s union by country represented, sports, etc.
Syktyvkar: City At A Glance
- The distance between Syktyvkar and Moscow is 1,314.4 km which can be covered in 18 hr 21 min.
- The nearby airports are Syktyvkar Airport, Ulitsa Sovetskaya, Aeroport Sokolovka and Platnaya Parkovka Aeroporta Syktyvkar
- Syktyvkar is the capital city of the Komi Republic in Russia, as well as its largest city. It is also the capital of the Syktyvkar Urban Okrug
- Syktyvkar experiences a subarctic climate with long, cold winters and short, warm summers.
- The city is known for the National Museum of The Komi Republic, Pozharnaya Kalancha, National Gallery of The Komi Republic, Park of Kirov, A. A. Chernov Geological Museum, Memorial Eternal Glory, etc