Tbilisi Medical Academy, also known as the Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy; was marked its presence in 1992 by a remarkable Georgian Physician, Pediatric Surgeon- Petre Shotadze and the academic was named after his demise in 1999.
Tbilisi Medical Academy is considered as one of the oldest private institutions for higher medical education or MBBS in Georgia. TMA has grown up more than 1500 graduates who work successfully in leading Georgian and International Hospitals, Universities and Scientific Centres.
TMA is a self-governed higher education institution with highly qualified academic staff. The University runs a One-Step Educational Program- Medicine (MD) that is delivered in the English Language. The course duration is 6 years and it is divided into three stages: Basic, Clinical and General Training. University follows the European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS), which is the foundation for International recognition.
Tbilisi Medical Academy relies on a mission of enriching medical professionals with innovative ideas, modern knowledge and scientific research skills, by providing them with a student-oriented learning and cultural environment.
Presently, TMA is establishing its position both on national and global educational map through the promotion of academic excellence and critical thinking for Medicine.
The degrees offered at Tbilisi Medical Academy are globally recognized by Medical Council of India (MCI), Association of Medical Education in Europe (AMEE), European Medical Students Association (EMSA), Foundation of Advancement of International Directory of Medical Education and Research (FAIMER), and enlisted with World Directory of Medical Schools (WDOMS)
Faculty of Medicine offer programs in:
- General Medicine (MD- equivalent to MBBS in India)
- Human Anatomy
Tbilisi Medical Academy provides well-equipped hostel facilities at a very feasible cost.
The hostel rooms are full-fledged with all the basic amenities required for a healthy and comfortable living & study such as Electricity, an Internet facility, 24- hour hot water supply, Separate study rooms, two kitchens with modern gadgets, etc.
Indian food availability is an added advantage for Indian students.
Tbilisi Medical Academy believes in encouraging students for cultural & sports activities, along with their academic studies.
Various extra-curricular & sports activities are organized for the students on TMA’s campus, to keep them mentally & physically fit without any burden on their shoulders.
TMA has a huge library; with over 2000 books and study materials for students and staff members.
Interesting facts about the city- Tbilisi
- Tbilisi is the capital & largest city of Georgia that accommodates many medical Universities. It is situated on the banks of the Kura River.
- It is still famous from its former name of pre-1936 international designation i.e. Tiflis. Tbilisi was the seat of the Imperial Viceroy, governing both Southern and Northern Caucasus.
- Tbilisi faces the humid subtropical climatic conditions with considerable continental influences. It has very warm summers and moderately cold winters.
- Main attractions of the city are Narikala, Holy Trinity Cathedral of Tbilisi, Jvari, and many more destinations that are the reason for tourists attraction.
- Economic sectors of the city are Black Sea tourism, Cultivation of Agricultural products, Mining, Chemicals in small scale industries, etc.
- Transportation in Tbilisi is possible with the presence of Airport, Metro, Trams, Minibuses, Municipal Buses, Aerial tramways, etc.
- Famous food of Mtsvadi, Lobio, Qababi, Chakapuli, Badrijani Nigvzit, etc. All these cuisines are served at the famous food corners of Tbilisi such as Sakhli, Barbarestan, Famous, etc.
Fee Structure 2023-2024
|Fee Pattern||Fee Per Year||Hostel & Food(In $)||Grand Total (Total Expenses)|