Ternopil State Medical University
Ternopil State Medical University, as a higher education institution in the city of Ternopil, was at first recognized with a name of Ternopil State Medical Institute on September 1, 1957. Since then, the university has grown in an enormous way; both in quantitative as well as qualitative terms due to which, University has marked its level by receiving the first place in the fourth level accreditation as per the latest Ministry of Public Health of Ukraine rankings.
The University relies on three major missions:
- Of providing training to the next generation of highly-adept professionals for the public health system of Ukraine and other countries
- To advance fundamental & applied research in biomedical and pharmacological sciences and much more visions; and
- To support the students in their pursuit of intellectual, spiritual and professional goals allowing them to become accomplished independent and socially aware individuals.
The University is comprised of an experienced, skilled & determined teaching staff including over 600 professors; among them, 102 are Doctors of Science & full-time professors and 460 associate professors. Due to the diverse course provided by the University, it has become the centre of attraction for international students, willing to do higher level studies in Ukraine.
- Faculty of Medicine (MBBS)
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- Faculty of Dentistry
- International student’s faculty
TSMU campus is an anatomical subdivision of the University. It has student dormitories with surrounding areas. The convenient accommodation facility is provided to the students for full-time students, international students, interns, master’s degree students, resident physician, and PhD students. Preparatory course students and postgraduate students; for the entire duration of their studies as well as applicants, who visit during their entrance exams.
Dormitories have 206 rooms and a total housing capacity of 508 persons. On each floor of the dorm, there are three living wings. Three suites, a common room, a kitchen with essential equipment and a utility room in each wing are there. The suit contains 2 double occupancy rooms and 2 triple occupancy rooms, a toilet and a shower.
The university pays the greatest attention to its students and makes sure they stay updated with any modern world changes. The university has some separate student friendly clubs and departments like Employment of Graduates, Student Parliament, Scientific society of students and many more. Apart from this, the university focuses on all-round development.
For the same, the university houses five sports complex, a library featuring over two thousand books and journals, a swimming pool, a recreation centre and three hostels. The hostels are fully furnished and healthy and hygienic food is provided to the students in the mess.
For students in the dormitories or accommodation, they have the Campus administration, which coordinates the cooperation of administrative office, student self-governance, Vice-Rector for Science, Education and Social Affairs, tutors council, group curators on the matter of facilities improving, leisure time, cultural and sports activities of students
The Dormitory Director office, a staff office and a spacious hall are situated on the ground floor. There are also a few libraries there. One of them has a small computer room and a study hall for international students.
Interesting facts about the City- Ternopil
- A city of Western Ukraine, located on the banks of the Seret River. It is an administrative, economic and cultural centre of the Ternopil region.
- The city founded by Polish commander and Hetman Jan Amor Tarnowski as a military stronghold and castle. Its Polish name was “Tarnopol”.
- Ternopil has a moderate continental climate with cold winters and warm summers.
- Major economic sectors of the city are horticulture, planting materials, food processing, logistics, bio-energy, floriculture and solutions for industries.
- Main attractions of the city are Museum of Political Prisoners, Ternopil Lake, Dominican Church, Bul Tarasa Shevchenka, etc.
Fee Structure 2023-2024
|One Time Charges||Total Fees|