Founded in 1936, Tver State Medical University is one of the leading Russian medical universities playing a significant role in the development of medical science and training of MBBS students and scientists. The 48 Russian Medical Educational Institutions rated Tver State Medical University in the top 10 medical universities of Russia. Today, the university is the largest medical and scientific research and educational center, renowned for its comprehensive clinical and laboratory base. As the university is recognized by the National Medical Commission (NMC), it makes an excellent destination for Indian students to study MBBS in Russia.
Tver State Medical University has students from 50+ countries, making this educational institution a multicultural medical university in Russia. It aims to transform the dreams of students aspiring to become world-class medical professionals into a reality. This Russian medical university was one of the firsts to start English MBBS courses in Russia.
Overview of Tver State Medical University
Year of Establishment
NMC, FAIMER, ECFMG, WDOMS, MCC
Duration of MBBS Course
6 years (including one year of internship)
1. Minimum 17 years of age in the admission year
2. Passing NEET score
3. Minimum 50% aggregate marks in PCB subjects in class 12th.
Medium of teaching
Faculties at Tver State Medical University
- Faculty of General Medicine
- Faculty of Dental Medicine
- Faculty of Pediatrics
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- Faculty of Advanced Nursing Education
- Faculty of Postgraduate Studies
Why Study MBBS at Tver State Medical University?
Tver State Medical University is one of the prestigious medical universities in Russia tirelessly working to provide best quality medical education to Indian students.
- Affordable MBBS fees
- MBBS course as per NMC guidelines
- Good quality medical education
- Globally recognized medical degree
- Experienced and skilled medical faculty
- Good student and teacher ratio
- Modern university infrastructure
- Well-equipped laboratories classrooms
- English medium MBBS course
- Easy admission procedure
- Comfortable hostel facilities for Indian students
- Indian food
- Multicultural environment owing to international students
- Research based medical education
Eligibility Criteria For MBBS in Russia
The eligibility criteria for MBBS admission at Tver State Medical University in Russia is given below:
- At least 50% aggregate score in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in Class 12th.
- At least 17 years of age as on 31 December in the admission year.
- Qualifying NEET score. (50th percentile for general/EWS category and 40th percentile for unreserved category)
Admission Process of Tver State Medical University
The process of MBBS admission to Tver State Medical University for the academic session 2022-23 is as follows:
Step 1: Fill up the application form of Tver State Medical University .
Step 2: Submit the required documents for admission in MBBS in Russia.
Step 3: Receive admission/acceptance letter from the university.
Step 4: Apply for a student visa with submission of passport and other documents.
Step 5: If applying for an education loan, clear all the dues.
Step 6: Make arrangements for your travel to Russia for your medical studies.
Step 7: Board your flights to Russia.
Documents Required For Admission
- Duly filled-in Admission form
- Scanned copy of Class 12th Pass Certificate/Mark sheet
- Scanned copy of Class 10th Pass Certificate
- NEET Result/Admit Card.
- Scanned copy of Passport (first and last page)
- ID Proof (Adhar, PAN, Driving License, etc.) if Passport is not ready at the time of application.
- Medical report with HIV report at the time of Visa stamping
Other documents such as admission letters from the university, converted currencies, etc are facilitated by the team of Education Abroad.
Duration of MBBS Course At Tver State Medical University
- Just like other NMC-recognized universities in Russia, Tver State Medical University offers a 6-year MBBS course in English language to Indian students.
- These six years include one year of clinical training at top Russian hospitals and clinics.
- The entire duration of MBBS of this university is divided into theoretical and practical sessions.
Student Life at Tver State Medical University
- The medical university in Russia offers an MBBS course in English language for the convenience of Indian and other international students.
- The hostel facilities at the university are well-equipped with basic amenities like beds, chairs, ACs, tables, wardrobes, electricity, water supply, etc.
- The hostels have access to 24/7 internet for the students.
- There is good police security in the university premises for the safety and security of the students.
- Cultural programs are organized for the students on special occasions.
- Sports tournaments for cricket, football, basketball, badminton, etc., are organized at the university.
- Indian food is served in the university mess facility.
- The library has more than 440 thousand copies of Russian and foreign books.
Tver: City At A Glance
- The distance between Tver city and Moscow is approximately 180 kilometers and takes about two and a half hours.
- Tver has a humid continental climate just like Central Asia. The summers are partly cloudy and the winters are long, snowy, and freezing.
- City transportation system is represented by tram line, trolleybus, buses, and marshrutkas (mini buses).
- The main attractions of Tver city are Tver State United Museum, Museum of Tver Lifestyle, Botanical Garden, Cathedral of the Assumption, and more.