Uttara Women’s Medical College, also known as Medical College For Women and Hospital, is one of the best medical colleges for MBBS in Bangladesh exclusively for women. The college was founded in 1992 with the goal of providing affordable quality medical education to all local and international students in Bangladesh. Uttara Women’s Medical College is a constituent college of Dhaka University.
The college has 20 departments and 121 faculty members who are highly qualified and experienced. The college has been recognized by the Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council and the California Medical Board. Because of its global recognition, the degree conferred by Uttara Women’s Medical College is accepted worldwide.
A 500-bed hospital is linked with the institution, and both the hospital and the college are governed by “The Medical & Health Welfare Trust,” a non-profit organization.
Overview of Uttara Women's Medical College 2022
Bangladesh Medical & Dental Council (BMDC), National Medical Commission (NMC), Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (Bangladesh), World Directory of Medical School (WDOMS), Member of British Medical Education, California Board of Medical Education, New York Board of Medical Education, Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research (FAIMER), and International Medical Education Directory (IMED)
Medium of Teaching
MBBS Course Duration
No. of Indian students (currently enrolled)
Uttara Women's Medical College Fees Structure 2022-23
First year MBBS seat booking (Non-refundable)
At the time of admission
Tuition fees for 5 years
Total MBBS fees in Dollars
Total MBBS fees in INR
MBBS Syllabus in Uttara Women's Medical College
Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry
First professional MBBS
Community Medicine and Forensic Medicine
Second professional MBBS
Pharmacology & Therapeutics, Pathology, and Microbiology
Third professional MBBS
Medicine & Allied subjects , Surgery & Allied subjects, and Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Fourth professional MBBS
Eligibility Criteria For Uttara Women's Medical College
To study MBBS in Bangladesh, Indian students should follow the NMC (MCI) guidelines. The following are the requirements for pursuing medical education in Bangladesh:
- Students must have completed their 10th and 12th grades through a recognized board.
- Students must have got at least a 60% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in 10+2.
- The student must be 17 years old as of December 31st of the admission year.
- In the admission year, students must have passed the NEET UG exam.
Admission Process for Uttara Women's Medical College
Here is the procedure for MBBS admission in Bangladesh of Uttara Women’s Medical College:
Step 1: Complete and submit the medical college application form with all necessary supporting documentation.
Step 2: Get a letter of invitation or admission from the university.
Step 3: Submit your passport and other supporting documents to apply for a student visa.
Step 4: Pay your first year’s tuition. Education Abroad can walk you through the procedure if you decide to apply for an education loan.
Step 5: Fill your suitcase with all the necessities you’ll need in Bangladesh.
Step 6: Take a flight to Bangladesh and start your MBBS program there.
The students who are interested in studying MBBS at Uttara Women’s Medical College in Bangladesh are required to submit the below documents for admission.
- 10th mark sheet and certificate
- 11th mark sheet
- 12th mark sheet and certificate
- Original passport
- Police clearance certificate
- Affidavit (sponsorship)
- Bank statement (six months)
- University admission letter
- University fee confirmation letter
- Equivalence certificate (from university)
- University admission form
- Visa application form
- 12 Photographs on matt paper
- Equivalence TT copy
- University fee TT copy
- Demand draft in favor of Bangladesh High Commission
The Education Abroad staff will assist with documents such as the university’s letter of admission, converted currencies, etc.
Advantages of Studying MBBS at Uttara Women's Medical College
Uttara Women’s Medical College in Bangladesh is a top choice for Indian students for various reasons:
- 30 years of developing world-class physicians with excellence.
- The hospital, college, and hostels on the same campus.
- MBBS tuition fees are affordable.
- Foreign students have 45% seat reservation in the college
- The language of instruction is English.
- No entrance test
- There is no admission fee.
- Hostel facility with full access to amenities.
- Indian food served in the canteen.
- The college is 15 minutes’ walk from Dhaka International Airport.
- Scholarships are given to students by Dhaka University.
- Exceptional medical faculty
- Internship for students at the medical college’s on-campus hospital.
- Highest proportion of full-time lecturers and professors compared to other colleges.
Student Life at Uttara Women's Medical College
- The atmosphere at the campus is bright and welcoming.
- To keep students psychologically and physically fit, a variety of cultural and sporting events are planned.
- To keep the students connected to their culture and guarantee, all Indian national holidays are observed on campus.
- The institution provides all international students with secure accommodation. The rooms are available for twin sharing.
- All hostel rooms come completely furnished and equipped with central heating and conditioning.
- Additionally, the hostel has laundry facilities.
- Students can eat Indian food in the mess at discounted prices.
- Internet-equipped, air-conditioned library with a 24-hour reading space for students.
- The town of Uttara is well-known in Dhaka.
- It is close to Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport and is located on the route leading to Gazipur.
- In Uttara, the average monthly cost of living is about $328.
- A well-liked contemporary suburb with upscale entertainment hotspots.
- Uttara is a safe location in Dhaka.