Philippines stands out as one of the finest options among international students seeking to study MBBS abroad for a variety of benefits. The cost of pursuing MBBS in Philippines is much lower than other countries like the USA, Australia, China, etc. It provides the perfect amalgamation of theoretical & practical education, which enables the students to become successful medical practitioners across the globe. The top medical universities in Philippines for Indian students include AMA School of Medicine, Our Lady of Fatima University, University of Perpetual Help, and Davao Medical School of Foundation.
Apart from the vast international exposure, the medical universities in Philippines promise high quality US-based medical education at affordable prices to international students attracting a large chunk of them towards the country. For admission in Philippines medical university, get in touch with Education Abroad today.
MBBS in Philippines Overview
MBBS course duration
NMC, WDOMS, ECFMG, FAIMER, and WFME
General Category: 50% with PCB subjects
Reserved category: 40% with PCB subjects
Medium of teaching
Average MBBS fees
INR 2.5 lakhs – 6 lakhs per year
Cost of living
INR 10-15 thousand per month
Benefits of Studying MBBS in Philippines For Indian Students
- Low MBBS in Philippines tuition fees for Indian students.
- Medical education focuses on theoretical and practical skills of the medical students.
- US-based education system.
- Philippines medical universities are recognized by NMC, ECFMG, WDOMS, FAIMER, and WFME.
- Opportunity to practice medicine in other countries after graduation.
- English is the language of instruction and communication in the Philippines.
- Indian food is available in the university canteens.
- Education in the Philippines utilizes problem-based learning methods.
- Medical universities in the Philippines award globally recognized MBBS degrees to their students.
- Affordable cost of living for Indian students without compromising the quality of medical education.
- Philippines universities have a good passing percentage in the FMGE test.
- No donations or capitation fees are required for admission.
- No entrance tests like IELTS or TOEFL are required to study MBBS in Philippines.
- Highly educated and experienced faculty and professors.
MBBS in Philippines Fees Structure 2023-24
The structure of MBBS in Philippines fees for Indian students of various universities in the country is as follows:
|AMA School of Medicine||Rs 15,95,000/-|
|University of Perpetual Help||Rs 19,25,000/-|
|Our Lady of Fatima University||Rs. 26,32,000/-|
|Emilio Aguinaldo College||Rs. 23,83,000/-|
|UV Gullas College of Medicine||Rs. 14,00,000/-|
|Davao Medical School Foundation||Rs. 23,00,000/-|
|Lyceum-Northwestern University||Rs. 13,00,000/-|
Cebu Doctors’ University
Manila Central University – FDTMF College of Medicine
Bicol Christian College of Medicine
|University of Santo Tomas||Rs. 14,70,000/-|
|University of Northern Philippines||Rs. 20,09,000/-|
|Cagayan State University Tuguegarao (Craig)||Rs. 14,26,157/-|
|Angeles University Foundation||Rs 23,80,000/-|
Note: The MBBS in Philippines fee in Indian Rupees above is approximate and will be subject to change according to the fluctuation in exchange currency rate.
Top Medical Universities in Philippines 2023-24
Eligibility Criteria To Study MBBS in Philippines
- An applicant must be at least 17 years on 31st December in the admission year.
- 50% or more in PCB subjects in 10+2 for general category.
- 40% or more in PCB subjects in 10+2 for SC/ST/OBC category.
- Qualified NEET exam.
MBBS in Philippines Admission Procedure
- Choose the best Kazakhstan medical university through Education Abroad.
- Fill up the application form of the university and attach the required documents with it.
- Get an admission letter from the university.
- Apply for the student visa while submitting your original passport and other supporting documents.
- Pay the first-year tuition fee.
- Pack your bags for your MBBS in Philippines.
Documentation Required For Admission
- Scanned copies of 10th and 12th mark sheets and pass certificates
- Admission letter
- Birth certificate
- The medical certificate with HIV report
- Colored passport-sized photographs
- Caste certificate (optional)
- Student visa
- Valid passport with 1-year validity
- NEET scorecard
- Air tickets
MBBS Syllabus in Philippines
History of Medicine
Preventive and Communicative
Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Obstetrics and Gynaecology
MBBS in Philippines Duration
- The MBBS program comprises two parts i.e. Bachelor of Surgery (BS) and Doctor of Medicine (MD).
- The entire duration of MBBS in Philippines is 6 years.
- One year focuses on clinical rotations.
- MBBS in Philippines is referred to as BS-MD.
- The first 16 months of MBBS in Philippines will focus on education in BS Biology in accordance with US standards.
- The next 4 years of MBBS course concentrates on medicine and clinical subjects.
Hostel Life of MBBS Students in Philippines
- Hostel accommodation is located in the premises of the university campus.
- The hostels are well-furnished with basic amenities like beds, chairs, fans, etc.
- Common rooms are available for students.
- Safety and security of students within the campus are given a top priority.
- The entire university campuses will be under CCTV surveillance.
- There are special canteen facilities serving Indian food.
MBBS in Philippines Vs. MBBS in India
MBBS in Philippines
MBBS in India
The duration of MBBS is 6 years.
The duration of MBBS is 5.5 years.
Affordable fee structure starting at just INR 3-6 lakhs per annum.
MBBS fee is extremely high for private medical colleges going up to 1 crore for the entire course.
International exposure at Philippines medical universities.
No such exposure to students in India.
Medical graduates get to practice medicine anywhere around the world after passing the medical licensing exams of the preferred countries.
Medical graduates in India do not have such an option.
Why Choose Education Abroad For MBBS in Philippines?
- Counseling on an individual basis
- Selection of a University
- Visa and transportation assistance
- Conversions of currencies
- The admissions process
- Assistance with student loans
- Formalities prior to departure
- Services provided upon arrival
Filipino & English
Time Difference from India
The Philippines is 2 hours and 30 minutes ahead of India
Travel time from Delhi to Manila, Philippines
8-9 hours direct flight
Frequently Asked Questions
The duration of MBBS in Philippines is 6 years, including one year of clinical rotations.
Almost all medical universities in the Philippines adhere to American Standard Medical Education, making it easy for students to prepare for the USMLE and the Foreign Medical Graduates Exam (FMGE). The Philippines is an excellent choice for pursuing an MBBS degree.
MBBS in Philippines is valid In India as the MBBS degree awarded by Philippines medical universities are recognized worldwide by global statutory bodies, including National Medical Commission.
The disadvantages of MBBS in Philippines include:
- Pre-medical program
- NMAT Philippines
- No hostel accommodation in some universities.
- Higher cost of living
- Visa processing and cost
The cost of studying MBBS in Philippines ranges between INR 2.5 lakhs to 6 lakhs per year.