MBBS in Ukraine is the best option for Indian students to study medicine abroad at affordable tuition fees without bearing the burden of expensive fees of MBBS in India. The country houses several public and private medical universities providing top-notch medical education to national and international students. The medical education in Ukraine is based on European standards and is a perfect blend of theoretical and practical knowledge of medicine.
After the completion of MBBS in Ukraine, medical graduates are awarded the “MD Physician” degree that is equivalent to MBBS degree in India according to the National Medical Commission. There are several career opportunities available to the medical graduates of Ukrainian medical universities and they have the choice to pursue their medical careers as they want. WIth recognitions and accreditations from the global statutory bodies such as WDOMS, ECFMG, FAIMER, IMED, NMC, etc., the medical universities in Ukraine enable its students to practice medicine anywhere in the world. Ukraine is a country having a similar MBBS course structure to that of MBBS in Russia and therefore, is always a preferred choice for Indian students to study MBBS abroad.
Overview of MBBS in Ukraine
Duration of the course
5.8 years including clinical rotations
NMC (MCI), ECFMG, FAIMER, WDOMS
Average MD/MBBS fees
INR 26 Lakhs- 40 Lakhs
50% in PCB for General Category
40% in PCB for SC/ST/OBC
Entrance exam (IELTS/TOEFL)
Medium of teaching
September & March
Why Study MBBS in Ukraine?
- No donation or capitation fee for admission is required.
- Low-cost MBBS tuition fees in Ukraine.
- Medical universities in Ukraine are globally recognized by NMC, WDOMS, etc.
- Lower cost of living as compared to other European countries.
- No need to pass entrance exams like IELTS or TOEFL.
- Hassle-free admission process.
- English is the medium of instruction.
- High quality medical education and infrastructure.
- Comfortable secured hostel accommodation for boys and girls.
- Good 1:14 teacher-student ratio.
- Globally recognized medical degrees.
- Modern learning and teaching techniques.
- Hands-on practical training to students in top hospitals.
- Participation of students in international exchange programs, seminars, conferences and science projects.
- Excellent global ranking of Ukraine medical universities.
- Students in Ukrainian universities are eligible for FMGE (India), PLAB (UK), USMLE (USA) and other international licensing exams.
Top Medical Universities in Ukraine 2023-24
- V.N. Karazin Kharkiv National University
- Kyiv Medical University of UAFM (Kiev, Branch)
- Kharkiv International Medical University, Ukraine
- Kharkiv National Medical University
- Dnepropetrovsk state medical academy
- Zaporozhye State Medical University
- Donetsk State Medical University
- Ternopil State Medical University
- Ivano Frankivsk State Medical University
- O.O. Bogomolets Kiev National Medical University, Ukraine
- Odessa National Medical University
- Black Sea National University
- Poltava Ukrainian State Dentistry and Medical Academy
- Vinnitsa National Medical University
MBBS in Ukraine Fee Structure 2023-24
The MBBS in Ukraine for Indian students fees vary from university to university and depends on the facilities, quality of education, and other factors.
Hostel fees (for 6 years)
Overhead expenses (one time)
Kiev Medical University
1st year – $6,000
2nd year – $22,500
Dnepropetrovsk State Medical Academy
1st year – $5,650
2nd year – $24,500
Vinnitsa National Medical University
V. N. Karazin Kharkiv National University
Kharkiv National Medical University
O.O. Bogomolets National Medical University
Sumy State University
Black Sea National University
Ternopil State Medical University
Donetsk National Medical University
Kyiv Medical University, Kiev Campus
Kyiv Medical University, Kharkiv Campus
Ivano Frankisvk Medical University
Kharkiv International Medical University
Zaporozhye State Medical University
Odessa National Medical University
Eligibility Criteria For MBBS in Ukraine
- 50% or more in PCB subjects in 10+2 for unreserved category candidates.
- 40% or more in the same subjects in 10+2 for reserved category candidates.
- 17 years or more by 31st December in the admission year.
- Passed NEET UG exam.
MBBS in Ukraine Admission Procedure
- Fill out the university’s application form and attach the required documents.
- Receive the university’s admission letter.
- Submit your passport and other required documents to apply for a student visa.
- Pay the university’s first-year tuition fees. (We also assist students with educational loan options.)
- Prepare for your flight to Kyrgyzstan. (Education Abroad can assist you with visa and travel arrangements.)
Documents Required For Admission
- Scanned copies of 10th and 12th mark sheets and pass certificates
- Admission letter
- Birth certificate
- The medical certificate with HIV report
- Colored passport-sized photographs
- Caste certificate (optional)
- Student visa
- Valid passport with 1-year validity
- NEET scorecard
- Air tickets
Duration of MBBS in Ukraine
- The total MBBS in Ukraine duration for Indian students is 5.8 years.
- The first 4.8 years of the medical course in Ukraine focuses on theoretical and practical aspects of medicine and science.
- The last one year is reserved for the clinical practice in top hospitals of Ukraine to provide good exposure to the students.
- Each year of MBBS in Ukraine is divided into two semesters of six months each.
- The clinical work begins from the third year of the MBBS course.
Medium of Teaching of MBBS in Ukraine
The medium of instruction of the MBBS course in Ukraine is mainly English for international students, especially Indian students.
Ukraine MBBS Disadvantages
- Language barrier as most of the local population speaks Ukrainian language.
- Presence of fake admission consultants.
- Cultural differences.
- Difficulty adapting to the new weather and climate.
- Feeling homesick.
Career Opportunities After MBBS in Ukraine
- Practice medicine in India or any other country.
- Hospital management
- Join any European hospital.
Why Choose Education Abroad For Admission To MBBS in Ukraine?
- Personal counseling
- Admission procedure at Top medical universities in Ukraine
- Visa assistance
- Payment protection
- Pre-departure counseling
- Travel arrangements