Established by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education in Russia in 1972, Mari State University is a non-profit public higher education school located in the city of Yoshkar-Ola. The medical institution is well-known to provide top-quality education to national and international students in various areas of study, especially medical studies. The university has been a popular destination to study MBBS in Russia for Indian students with more than 1500 Indian students currently pursuing the medical course.
With many accolades to its name, Mari State University holds recognitions and accreditations from various global statutory bodies such as the National Medical Commission (NMC) in India, WDOMS, ECFMG, FAIMER, EMC, etc. The university makes an excellent destination for MBBS in Russia for Indian medical aspirants for its comfortable hostel facilities, Indian food and English medium MBBS course.
Mari State University has 7 educational buildings and 8 hostel buildings for its students. At present, the university has 55 areas and 3 specialties of study taught by 570 lecturers, 3000 doctors and professors, and about 1200 candidates of science and associate professors to about 9,000 students. Indian medical aspirants can join Mari State University in Russia and pursue medical studies at extremely affordable MBBS fees.
Overview of Mari State University
|Year of Establishment
||NMC, FAIMER, ECFMG, WDOMS, MCC, and WFME
|Duration of MBBS Course
||6 years (including one year of internship)
||1. Minimum 17 years of age in the admission year.
2. Passing NEET score.
3. Minimum 50% aggregate marks in PCB subjects in class 12th.
|Medium of teaching
|Average tuition fees
Faculties at Mari State University
- General Medicine
- Preventive Care
- Clinical Psychology
- Pharmacy & Nursing
Why Study MBBS at Mari State University?
Mari State University in Russia has been a top choice to study MBBS abroad by Indian students for various reasons.
- Low cost MBBS fees
- High-quality medical education
- Highly-qualified medical faculty
- NMC-recognized university
- State-of-the-art infrastructure of university campus
- Well-equipped laboratories and advanced classrooms
- Good student-teacher ratio
- No donation/capitation fee for admission
- Hassle-free admission procedure
- English medium MBBS course
- Comfortable hostel accommodation
- Indian food in mess facilities
- Resourceful library with top medical books and journals
Mari State University MBBS Fee Structure 2023-24
||6,000 US Dollars
||Included in Tuition Fee
||1,200 US Dollars
|2nd 6th Year
||5,000 US Dollars (per year)
|Total Fee in US Dollars
||32,200 US Dollars (Full Course)
|Total Fee in Indian Rupees
||24,15,,000 Indian Rupees (Full Course)
|Fee Package For MBBS in Mari State University
||Total Fee 1st Year
||Total Fee2nd-6th Per Year
||Total Academic Fee
|One Time Package
Eligibility Criteria For MBBS in Russia
The eligibility criteria for MBBS admission at Mari StateUniversity in Russia is given below:
- At least 50% aggregate score in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in Class 12th.
- At least 17 years of age as on 31 December in the admission year.
- Qualifying NEET score. (50th percentile for general/EWS category and 40th percentile for unreserved category)
MBBS Admission Process of Mari StateUniversity
The process of MBBS admission to Mari StateUniversity for the academic session 2022-23 is as follows:
Step 1: Fill up the application form of Mari StateUniversity.
Step 2: Submit the required documents for admission in MBBS in Russia.
Step 3: Receive admission/acceptance letter from the university.
Step 4: Apply for a student visa with submission of passport and other documents.
Step 5: If applying for an education loan, clear all the dues.
Step 6: Make arrangements for your travel to Russia for your medical studies.
Step 7: Board your flights to Russia.
Documents Required For Admission
- Duly filled-in Admission form
- Scanned copy of Class 12th Pass Certificate/Mark sheet
- Scanned copy of Class 10th Pass Certificate
- NEET Result/Admit Card.
- Scanned copy of Passport (first and last page)
- ID Proof (Adhar, PAN, Driving License, etc.) if Passport is not ready at the time of application.
- Medical report with HIV report at the time of Visa stamping
Other documents such as admission letters from the university, converted currencies, etc are facilitated by the team of Education Abroad.
Duration of MBBS Course At Mari State University
- Mari State University offers a 6-year MBBS course to its students in English medium.
- The entire duration of this MBBS course includes one year of internship at top hospitals and clinics of Russia.
- The entire MBBS course at Mari State University combines theoretical and practical knowledge of different areas of medical study.
Student Life at Mari State University
- Students experience a multicultural life at Mari State University due to the presence of national and international students.
- The university has sports facilities for the students.
- Hostel rooms are available on a single and sharing basis.
- Cultural programs are organized for the students for special and festive occasions.
- Indian festivals such as Holi, DIwali, Navratri, Durga Puja, etc. are celebrated at the university.
- Indian food is served in the mess facility of the university.
- The university observes a good student and teacher ratio.
- 24/7 safety and security of students within the university campus and hostels.
- On-campus FMGE coaching is provided to Indian students who are planning to study MBBS at Mari State University.
- The student scientific societies in each faculty allows students to participate in the seminars, conferences, and youth forums on national and international levels.
Yoshkar-Ola: City At A Glance
- Yoshkar-Ola is a city in Russia located about 645 km east of Moscow.
- The climate in Yoshkar-Ola is moderately continental with long cold winters (from November end March) and warm summers.
- Yoshkar-Ola is connected to other cities and regions of the Russian Federation through several train and bus routes.
- Yoshkar-Ola is home to 88 educational institutions along with many institutions of higher education, including Mari State University.
- The main attractions of the city include National Art Gallery, Museum of Yoshkar-Ola History, Green-domed Cathedral of the Resurrection of Christ, etc.
- Yoshkar-Ola is approximately 9 kilometers north of the airport.