Established in 1935 by order of the Council of Peoples Commissars No 89 dated 9 February. Kursk State Medical University (KuSMU) is one of the favored choices among the Indian students studying MBBS in Russia . It is known to be the first university to establish the English medium of medical education in Russia
The university is listed by World Directory Of Medical Schools (WDOMS), Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG), Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research (FAIMER), World Federation for Medical Education (WFME), erstwhile Medical Council of India (MCI)/ National Medical Commission (NMC), etc.
Overview of Kursk State Medical University
|Year of Establishment
||NMC, FAIMER, ECFMG, WDOMS, MCC, and WFME
|Duration of MBBS Course
||6 years (including one year of internship)
||1. Minimum 17 years of age in the admission year
2. Passing NEET score
3. Minimum 50% aggregate marks in PCB subjects in class 12th.
|Medium of teaching
|Average tuition fees
Faculties at Kursk State Medical University
- Medical & Pediatric
- Pharmaceutical & Biotechnological
- Clinical Psychological
- Forensic Medicine
- Stomatology, Preventive Medicine & Higher Nursing Education
- Faculty of Postgraduate Education
Why Study MBBS at Kursk State Medical University?
Kursk State Medical University is one of the popular choices among Indian students opting to study MBBS in Russia. For the Indian students choosing to study MBBS abroad , the university is the preferred choice for various reasons such as:
- High-quality medical education
- Highly-qualified medical faculty
- Low Pupil Teacher Ratio (13:1)
- NMC-recognized university
- Guided follow up program as per the students personal interest & development.
- Highly equipped infrastructure
- Learn at one of the biggest hospitals with
- Smart laboratories & advanced classrooms
- No donation/capitation fee for admission
- Easy admission procedure
- Comfortable hostel accommodation
- Resourceful libraries
- Access to global research practices, symposiums, etc
Kursk State Medical University MBBS Fee Structure 2023-24
||5,500 US Dollars
||Included in tuition fees
||Included in tuition fees
|2nd 6th Year
||5,500 US Dollars (per year)
|Total Fee in US Dollars
||33,500 US Dollars (Full Course)(including 500 USD overhead charge in 1st year)
|Total Fee in Indian Rupees
||27, 26, 967 Indian Rupees (Full Course)
Eligibility Criteria For MBBS in Russia
The eligibility criteria for MBBS admission at Kursk State Medical University in Russia is given below:
- At least 50% aggregate score in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in Class 12th.
- At least 17 years of age as on 31 December in the admission year.
- Qualifying NEET score. (50th percentile for general/EWS category and 40th percentile for unreserved category)
MBBS Admission Process of Kursk State Medical University
The process of MBBS admission to Kursk State Medical University for the academic session 2023-24 is as follows:
Step 1: Fill up the application form of Kursk State Medical University.
Step 2: Submit the required documents for admission in MBBS in Russia.
Step 3: Receive admission/acceptance letter from the university.
Step 4: Apply for a student visa with submission of passport and other documents.
Step 5: If applying for an education loan, clear all the dues.
Step 6: Make arrangements for your travel to Russia for your medical studies.
Step 7: Board your flights to Russia.
Documents Required For Admission
- Duly filled-in Admission form
- Scanned copy of Class 12th Pass Certificate/Mark sheet
- Scanned copy of Class 10th Pass Certificate
- NEET Result/Admit Card.
- Scanned copy of Passport (first and last page)
- ID Proof (Adhar, PAN, Driving License, etc.) if Passport is not ready at the time of application.
- Medical report with HIV report at the time of Visa stamping
The team of Education Abroad facilitates for other documents such as admission letters from the university, converted currencies, etc
Duration of MBBS Course At Kursk State Medical University
- Kursk State Medical University offers a 6-year MBBS course to its students in English medium.
- The duration of the MBBS course includes one year of internship at top hospitals and clinics of Russia.
- The entire MBBS course at Kursk State Medical University combines the best of theoretical knowledge and practical experience.
Student Life at Kursk State Medical University
- The university is famous for its healthy and vibrant student life.
- Students can pursue numerous extracurricular activities; various sport events, multicultural and multinational events.
- Many students groups function within the university such as student union, international students union, students union by country represented, sports, etc.
- Comfortable accommodations near to campus and well-equipped with all the facilities.
- Hostels have internet connectivity and access to all the basic amenities.
- Medical library is accessible to all the university students.
- Cultural programs are organized for the students for special and festive occasions.
- The university observes a good student and teacher ratio.
- 24/7 safety and security of students within the university campus and hostels.
Kursk: City At A Glance
- The Kursk Region is located in the central part of the Eastern European Plain.
- The distance between Kursk and Moscow is 456 km. The road distance is 527.4 km which can be covered by a 7 to 8 hr drive.
- The Kursk Region is home to eight specially protected natural areas, including the Alyokhin Central Chernozem State Biosphere Reserve and seven natural landmarks.
- In Kursk, the summers are comfortable and partly cloudy and the winters are long, freezing, snowy, windy, and overcast.
- The popular sights include Victory Memorial, Znamenskiy Cathedral, Sergiev Kazanskiy Cathedral, Monastery Kurskaya Korennaya Pustyn, etc.